I will post my rankings here every week or so. I will submit my poll to the UTEA and OSUBuckeyeFan is going to put together an accumulative ranking of teams based on everyone's rankings. Just go here and you can learn about the rankings and start doing your own! Thanks!
1. Kansas - I think Mr. Self has another championship team here. But as I say this, their losing to Nebraska, but if they can pull out that game, it only boosts their confidence and mine. Teams that can close out tough games, no matter the level of competition, are the teams to watch.
2. Ohio State - This team will be number one in the rankings this week, and deservingly so.
3. Duke - Nobody's perfect right (expect IU in 1976)? They should bounce back and I still expect them to win the ACC and go to the Final Four. But I think the two teams in front, are just a notch ahead.
4. Syracuse - After Syracuse is where the line is drawn. The top 4 teams, are in a whole different world. I would not be suprised to see these 4 teams, be number one seeds and make it to the Final Four. And isn't that fitting. A Big 12 team, a Big 10 one, an ACC one, and a Big East one. That's how it's supposed to be.
5. Pittsburgh - They could be the spoiler for those top 4. Don't get me wrong, I still think those top 4 are above the rest, but Pittsburgh is close enough to be noticed.
6. San Diego State - They just beat one of their biggest competitors in the MWC. And I think a lot of people were expecting them to lose. They proved to me that they deserve this spot.
7. Kentucky - Look, I don't like young teams come tournament time. That is why I have much doubt in them. But this team MIGHT be better than last years. WAIT! Before you say anything else, they aren't more talented. But they have a better combination of talent and maturity. Now post this before I change my mind about what I said.
8. Connecticut - This team is centered on Kemba Walker. And sometimes those teams do great come tournament time (like Marquette with D-Wayde), but sometimes they do not do so well. So while this team has done well so far, before fans get excited they need to worry about getting through the Big East.
9. Brigham Young - I will admit I do not know a whole lot about this team. But I do know that they clobbered Utah, and they have beaten a good Arizona team and a good UNLV team. I still think they are the Butler of this year. And you ask why isn't San Diego State? Because San Diego State has been in the semi-spotlight already. Butler really floated under the radar until the tournament last year.
10. Villanova - They are not a bad team. They really aren't. They've beaten UofL, Temple, and Cincinatti. Those seem like pretty good wins to me? Their only loss was to Tennesse when they were at their Apex.
Teams to Watch: