Posted on: March 21, 2012 7:53 pm
1. Kentucky - Well, this is the obvious choice. They best team they have played since Carolina is Indiana, and they will play them again Friday. Kentucky has all the talent to win a championship.
2. Michigan State - Draymond Green, can lead this team to a championship, you can almost count on a Final Four. Leadership is this teams biggest advantage.
3. North Carolina - They are a big question mark without Marshall. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, knowing what they were capable of.
4. Kansas - Woah, got a scare from Purdue. They are a really good team, when they show up.
5. Ohio State - They have some of it all, leadership, talent, but is it enough to compete with Kentucky?
6. Syracuse - They played some really poor games without Melo, and the only reason they are this high is because of the other talent and their depth.
7. Wisconsin - This one people will question me on. They have been playing very well under the radar, how many people picked them to beat Vandy? When they come together at the right time, they are really really tought beat.
8. Baylor - Up and down all season, but they are still alive, and we know they could win it all, or crap out.
9. Marquette - Crowder is a beast. They are one big win away from a Final Four. Their lack of size greatly concerns me.
10. Indiana - Much like Baylor, at their best, they can play with anyone, they have beaten 3 of the Top 5 teams in this ranking, so obviously they can play, but their lack of experience will hurt them.
11. Louisville - They are one of the hottest teams in the tournament, but if they have an off day they are toast.
12. Cincinnati - They were picked high at the beginning of the season, and they are finally starting to reach their potential, how high can they fly?
13. Xavier - Hmmm... After that huge brawl and a big fall by Xavier for a while, who would've guess Cincy and Xavier would be sitting in the Sweet 16?
14. Florida - Not been big on this team all season, sorry Florida fans, just not this year.
15. North Carolina State - Really I'm not suprised by their appearence in the Sweet 16. I could see them beating Kansas, but overall they lack the talent and skillset of the other Sweet 16 competitors.
16. Ohio - I picked Ohio and NC ST to both be in the Sweet 16. They had a pretty solid season, good job!
Posted on: March 17, 2012 11:17 am
After an almost upsetless Thursday, Friday certainly made up for it in a BIG way.
A 15 seed had not knocked off a 2 seed in 11 years when Hampton beat Iowa State. Yesterday. Norfolk State broke that streak by beating Final Four favorite Missouri.
A new streak began after that game and lasted about 2 and a half hours. Lehigh took down the Duke Blue Devils later last night. This is the definition of MARCH MADNESS!
Here were the Total Round 1 Upsets:
12 VCU 62 defeats 5 Wichita State 59
Posted on: March 3, 2012 2:26 pm
I had to make a couple of seeding adjustments (West Virginia and Connecticut from 11's to 12's) as a result of rematches. Please let me know if you see any other rematches. Thanks!
Midwest (St. Louis)
12 South Florida/Virginia Commonwealth
4 MURRAY STATE
13 LONG BEACH STATE
14 ORAL ROBERTS
2 Ohio State
16 MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE/SAVANNAH STATE
5 Nevada Las Vegas
12 West Virginia
6 San Diego State
7 Kansas State
10 Brigham Young
2 MICHIGAN STATE
16 STONY BROOK/UNC-ASHVILLE
8 ST. MARY'S (CA.)
9 Southern Miss
13 Mississippi State/Xavier
6 Florida State
11 Colorado State
14 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
10 Saint Louis
5 NEW MEXICO
4 WICHITA STATE
6 Notre Dame
7 Iowa State
10 Seton Hall
2 North Carolina
15 LONG ISLAND
Last 4 Teams IN: South Florida, Virginia Commonwealth, Mississippi State, Xavier
First Four Teams OUT: Texas, Arizona, Miami (Fla.), Wyoming
Next 4 Teams OUT: Central Florida, Dayton, North Carolina State, Colorado
Posted on: February 25, 2012 10:41 am
Still reviewing things, but i wanted to get it up:
Posted on: February 11, 2012 2:24 pm
Games thru 2-10-12:
Posted on: January 27, 2012 11:49 pm
Edited on: January 28, 2012 11:21 am
Hello everyone! This is my first edition of bracketology this year, so bare with me, I'm a little rusty. If you see any mistakes, like rematches, etc, it would be very helpful of you to point that out! I differ a little from some of my fellow bracketologists, but I also realize at this point in the game, there will be a LARGE variety of differences between brackets.
Posted on: January 2, 2012 4:59 pm
Edited on: January 2, 2012 10:43 pm
The People's Poll For The Week Ending 12/18/2011
Thank you to all the 0 people who submitted ballots this week!
Posted on: December 29, 2011 3:53 pm
Edited on: December 29, 2011 4:47 pm
Well, I could be way off or right on track, but I have a feeling this year in the Big 10 Conference is going to be very top heavy this year. I believe 9 teams will get 8+ wins in the conference this year, while 3 teams will get 3 or less wins. Seems a little crazy, but I think it's a huge possibility. There are going to be 216 Big Ten Conference games this season and I'm excited to see every one of them I can. Here are my 2011 - 2012 Big Ten Conference predictions: