1. Kentucky - Well, this is the obvious choice. They best team they have played since Carolina is Indiana, and they will play them again Friday. Kentucky has all the talent to win a championship.
2. Michigan State - Draymond Green, can lead this team to a championship, you can almost count on a Final Four. Leadership is this teams biggest advantage.
3. North Carolina - They are a big question mark without Marshall. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, knowing what they were capable of.
4. Kansas - Woah, got a scare from Purdue. They are a really good team, when they show up.
5. Ohio State - They have some of it all, leadership, talent, but is it enough to compete with Kentucky?
6. Syracuse - They played some really poor games without Melo, and the only reason they are this high is because of the other talent and their depth.
7. Wisconsin - This one people will question me on. They have been playing very well under the radar, how many people picked them to beat Vandy? When they come together at the right time, they are really really tought beat.
8. Baylor - Up and down all season, but they are still alive, and we know they could win it all, or crap out.
9. Marquette - Crowder is a beast. They are one big win away from a Final Four. Their lack of size greatly concerns me.
10. Indiana - Much like Baylor, at their best, they can play with anyone, they have beaten 3 of the Top 5 teams in this ranking, so obviously they can play, but their lack of experience will hurt them.
11. Louisville - They are one of the hottest teams in the tournament, but if they have an off day they are toast.
12. Cincinnati - They were picked high at the beginning of the season, and they are finally starting to reach their potential, how high can they fly?
13. Xavier - Hmmm... After that huge brawl and a big fall by Xavier for a while, who would've guess Cincy and Xavier would be sitting in the Sweet 16?
14. Florida - Not been big on this team all season, sorry Florida fans, just not this year.
15. North Carolina State - Really I'm not suprised by their appearence in the Sweet 16. I could see them beating Kansas, but overall they lack the talent and skillset of the other Sweet 16 competitors.
16. Ohio - I picked Ohio and NC ST to both be in the Sweet 16. They had a pretty solid season, good job!
Ranking the Sweet 16
Posted on: March 21, 2012 7:53 pm